Do you have high fuel bills? Here are a few reasons why…
Here in the Ohio Valley, where temperatures can be extreme on certain days, a problem with your HVAC system could cause high utility bills in summer and winter. You should schedule regular maintenance from a professional HVAC company like ours who care that it is done right. That way, you can catch any issues before they become serious repairs or higher utility bills. Common causes of high utility bills in winter include a dirty air filter, poor insulation, or an older HVAC system.
A Dirty Air Filter
Air filters are designed to stop particles in the air from entering your HVAC system and being recirculated back into your home. A dirty air filter will lower the airflow through your ductwork. Contaminants like dust, dust mites, dirt, pollen, and pet dander can spread from the filter to the rest of your home. They can also increase wear, shorten your HVAC system’s life, and cause bad smells and allergy or asthma symptoms to worsen. Change your heater and air conditioners filter at least every three months to keep your system working well. We have an incredible Electrostatic Air Filter which electrically charges all the particles and allows for better adhesion to the filter and allows for better airflow through the system.
Insulation can become compressed and less effective over time. You could also develop leaks or gaps from pests, water, or other hazards. Upgrading your insulation can help you save energy and keep your family comfortable. You’ll be able to eliminate drafty areas and put away your extra blankets. You’ll also keep pollutants out of your home and block noise from traffic or your neighbors’ lawn equipment. We work closely with a very reputable Insulation Company and would be happy to share that information with you.
An Older HVAC System
Most heaters and air conditioners will work well for about 10 to 15 years. If your HVAC system is older, you can save money and energy by replacing it with a higher efficiency system. You can avoid inconvenient, uncomfortable breakdowns and choose the latest, most efficient technology available. Tax credits can make a new system more affordable, and it can provide convenient features like zoning, wireless communication, and indoor air quality a breeze.
Before you call us or anyone else here is a helpful list of things you can check on your own and perhaps, we can help you save money immediately.
- Is the air filter clean?
- Is the switch turned on to the furnace?
- Is the circuit breaker turned on?
- Is the thermostat digital?
- Is there a “change battery” light or code flashing?
- Is the thermostat set to either heat or cool?
- Is the temperature turned up or down two degrees from the room temperature?
Professional HVAC Repair Contractor
We service and repair all Brands of Heating and Air Conditioning equipment.
- We offer SAME DAY service 24hrs at the same rate, never any overtime!
- We work on flat-rate pricing, if your system is down and you want an exact upfront price on how much it is going to cost to repair it then we are the company you need working on your system.
- We will send out a licensed and insured repair technician to fully evaluate your entire HVAC system.
- They will give you upfront pricing in writing on exactly what needs to be repaired to get your system up and running again.
- They will also present you with any items that are showing wear and will need attention in the future, so you are aware of these items.
- Our service technician will also be able to explain our “NO BREAKDOWN” Guaranteed Customer Maintenance Agreement!
Hot in the summer? Cold in the winter?
We’ll keep you comfortable all year long.